Leaders have a leadership brand, whether they know it or not.
It’s what determines their effectiveness at meetings, their ability to inspire, the caliber of work they’re assigned and how well they’re compensated. Brand is what keeps individuals in control of their careers. And collectively, leadership brands help to drive the success of a company.
In our Building Your Breakthrough Leadership Brand workshop, attendees analyze their leadership impact – how they “show up” to other people at work—and how they add value to their organization. They take a hard look at where they are as leaders, where they’d like to go and how they will get there.
Prior to the workshop, each participant asks 10-15 supervisors, peers and subordinates to complete an anonymous “market feedback” survey querying things such as:
- The participant’s greatest strengths and biggest challenges
- The participant’s most important contributions to the company’s success
- Where they can envision the participant professionally in five years
The results of the survey (which participants complete as well) serve as a powerful backdrop for the primary activities of the workshop, which include:
- Expert facilitation by leadership coach Susan Hodgkinson, using her proprietary framework — the 5 P’s of Leadership Brand® (Persona, Product, Packaging, Promotion and Permission). She breaks down the critical ingredients of leadership brand, then helps attendees understand how their brands impact their effectiveness
- Peer-to-peer coaching
- Creation of an individualized, strategic action plan that remediates leadership brand weaknesses and builds upon strengths
We also offer a workshop called Building Your Breakthrough Personal Brand. It’s a customized version of our leadership brand workshop for those who aspire to be leaders, but first need to build their personal brand.
We offer half-day, full-day and two-day workshops on personal and leadership branding. We also run a customized version of this workshop for women and people of color, who face unique challenges attaining clear, actionable feedback and developing more complex action plans to achieve great results.
Ready to help your employees build their brand? Contact us for more information.